New records 249 Kills & Most Kills in a match 18
Brooklyn Taylor ends her career on the MCHS Volleyball team in the record books. Besting a 2005 team record in kills in a season as well as exceeding the record of most kills in a game with 18 kills vs Triopia on 10/13/18.
Delaney Cain, Junior, also had a standout year and made the record books. Delaney now hold the record for serves received per match (24 serves) just edging out last year's record of 23 mad by Carly Creel in 2017.
Many of the volleyball girls made the STL Post Top 50 of the St. Louis Region charts. (10-20-18)
- Brooklyn Taylor 16th for kill average
- Jenna Zacha 40th for ace average
- Katie Hartsock 42nd for assist average
- Natalie Ellebracht 26th for block average
- Jenna Zacha 27th for block average
- Payton Connors 42nd for points per serve
- Peyton Zigrang 41st for serve percentages
It was a good night for the entire team. The 25-16, 25-19 win against East Alton Wood River pushes this year's MCHS volleyball team to an 18-12 record which is the most wins achieved in a season since 2006.
Marquette JV also won in two sets. Their record is now 22-3.
Freshman also posted a "W" in two sets.
The Freshman team recently finished 2nd in the Alton Freshman Tournament, defeating the hosting team, Alton, Brussels, and Jerseyville. Their record is now 15-6-2.