Marquette Catholic High School offers families that qualify assistance from the the St. Francis Fund. This fund is established to help parents who have chosen a Catholic education for their children, and have an obligation to finance that education to the best of their ability. There are also a variety of individual scholarships available.
The St. Francis Fund is administered on a direct grant basis and those funds awarded are automatically renewable; applications do not need to be completed each year. Grants awarded apply only to tuition (not fees or books). Grant award amounts vary according to family need, but generally do not exceed one-half of tuition costs. Grants can be awarded to several members of the same family; one application form includes all of the family’s MCHS students. In accordance with Illinois High School Association regulations, no grants are awarded on the basis of athletic ability.
A. QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
1. Demonstration of financial need as indicated on a completed 2016 -2017 FACTS
Grant & Aid Online Application.
2. Desire for a Catholic education as expressed in the meeting of the four following
conditions during the 2016 -2017 school year.
3. Online RenWeb Enrollment and $100 enrollment fee submitted by Friday,
April 1, 2016 for the 2016 - 2017 school year.
B. PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
1. Complete the FACTS Grant & Aid Online Application by Friday, April 1,
2016. Apply online at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/42K22. You will need your
2015 completed Federal Income Tax Return, as well as 2015 W2 and/or 1099
forms. FACTS will charge you a $30 application filing fee. If your family does
not qualify for financial assistance from MCHS, we will refund your $30. If you
need assistance with this process, please call the Business Manager at 463-2375,
ext. 2. to set up an appointment.
2. Complete the MCHS Financial Assistance Application Form and return to the
MCHS Business Office by Friday, April 1, 2016.
3. Complete individual scholarship applications you would like to apply for and
submit them with supporting documentation to the MCHS Business Office by
Friday, April 1, 2016.
C. PROCEDURE FOR AWARDING FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
1. Only completed and verified applications will be reviewed by the Financial
Aid/Scholarship Committee of MCHS. All information will be considered
confidential. Applications received after Friday, April 1 will be placed
on a waiting list.
2. Grants are applied on a semester basis. Failure to meet any of the four
conditions listed in Section A above will cause the loss of all or a portion of
financial aid/scholarship for that semester.
3. All applicants will be notified by mail as to their eligibility and amount.